You will notice reviews on MrIT.ca all over the Internet. I have categorized them here your convenience.Norman Atterbury
How much does your image matter?
There’s no excuse for being unaware of your online footprint. In fact, it’s downright irresponsible.
Your online reputation can be your strongest asset or your biggest liability.
Things are different in the world we live in now. All prospective employers, clients, colleges and customers now use Google. People make almost every decisions based on what shows up in your search results.
Online reviews influence people’s decisions
If you are job hunting, it could determine if you get the job vs remaining in the unemployment line.
If you are selling a product or service, bad reviews make for another lost opportunity. Good ones mean you will likely get that new customer vs them running for the hills.
Your public profile predicts if you will get an unanswered email, when you set up an investor meeting.
Testimonials are very important to shoppers, as shown a year ago in this Forbes.com article.
Understanding the power of testimonials
- 90% of consumers read online reviews before visiting a business. (2016).
- Online reviews impact 67.7% of purchasing decisions. (2015).
- 84% of people trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation. (2016)
- 74% of consumers say that positive reviews make them trust a local business more. (2016)
- Every one star increase in a Yelp rating means a 5 to 9% increase in revenue. (2016)
- 82% of Yelp users said they visit Yelp because they intend to buy a product or service. (2013)
I borrowed the statistics above from the mentioned article. I also found many other sources substantiating thee figures.
Lies and damn lies about online reviews
FakeSpot.net helps you make better purchasing decisions.
BroadBandSearch.net posted a blog post to check if a website is safe and legitimate to check if a website is safe and legitimate.
ReviewMeta.com is a must-have for Amazon shoppers. Click here to analyze Amazon product reviews. This service helps you to filter out those which look unnatural.
While these online analyzers help you spot fake online reviews and counterfeits, you skeptical enough to use them!